Things I carry (Abe)

 

My music she grows more potent.  Each string on this new guitar pulses into the arcane ether.  The vibrations they sing in my soul.  And, if the legends of the muse Etefan are true, the rhythm is going to get you.

Our return to Saltmarsh brought forth many gifts.  The town gave us use of the ship, we we have called the Kraken Chaser.  The townsfolk, in whispers or proclamations, call us the “Wizlards of the Coast”.  Maybe it’s the fact that we paraded lizardfolk through the town square just a day or so after almost blowing it up.   Adamas has taken it on himself to recruit all of the pretty women of the town to crew the Chaser.  Cannot say if the parrot is huring or helping him here.  On that note, Tylsaria is confused by my advances so perhaps a parrot is what I need.

We need to crew with six officers and 20 crew.  Since we don’t know who to trust in the town, it’s a risky undertaking.  Fearing for her safety, Lleyash convinced Hannah to shelter aboard the Kraken Chaser after she was threatened by shadowy figures.  Harsh, metallic voices and eyes with dripping tears.   Still, there’s one down.  Not sure what she does on the ship beside keep his cot warm, but he’s young and could do worse.  Still, I’m sad to lose my audience at the Snapping Line.

Ellie is a bit more out of her carapacho.  We found the Willowsmiths and some of the Stillwater family held prisoner and Ellie tried to help Jaina with her fear, knowing something about being captive as she does.  It seemed to stir up the anger a bit as she was relentless against the gnolls.   It reminded me of the character River in  that murderous play “Serenity” I saw performed in Neverwinter once.  Big Damn Heroes.

For me, the gifts are bittersweet.  My music seems to cut into enemies before they can finish their foul attacks.  This new lute mends the scratches and scrapes of my new friends and speaks to me.   But I must set aside the old one to make room for the new.  This old lute that I used to sing Maura to sleep.  That I’ve played for her since before she was born and each day since she died.  Perhaps it’s time to make room for the new.  But I will start tonight carving her wishes into the back of the new instrument.  Because there are some old things that will never be replaced.



El espejo no miente, me veo tan diferente.  Espera otro día por vivir sin ti. I was getting used to being someone you loved.  I will follow you into the dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Abejunio and You're Welcome

OBX 2024

Archmage Halstead: Blasts, Pasts, and Castes