Minor Miracles from OBX

 Since I thought I might be better about adding some pics (and now that I told the rest of the crew about this blogger site feel free to post your own), I'm dropping in just a few snaps from what can only be considered a wildly successful return to Roadside Attraction Saltmarsh adventuring.  I know a recap will come someday after Halstead happily ignores D&D for a while to recharge.

Highlights for me the player included the home cooked meals so we could pretend to be grown ups, Ellie clearing out the lampreys and saving us from TPK near the cauldron of elementals, and (though Adamas wasn't thrilled) Lilly drawing her line in the proverbial sand with the gods (which was made more enjoyable for me by the fact that she also confessed to hating the beach).  Still, I don't know if anything will top the hamster ball of arcane doom (bead of force) and Lleyash's inspired humbling of another caster through sorcery and counterspell goodness.  Playing Abe, my favorite moment was just coincidental after failing to solve the murder dinner with pointed questions and insight checks ("Did YOU kill him??" [roll 11] "Hmmm okay next in line...").  Having the letter from Anders' desk that I stole all the way back in Session 2 for my forgery practice got to be useful after all.

One of Mike's cavalcade of cocktails.  The bourbon drink where he also gets to play with butane torches was the biggest hit.


Respite Isle and trying to figure out if a cannonball dive can do concussive damage.

Actual effin Kraken after the we narrowly escaped a sinking ship.  Kraken Chaser lives up to its name!  p.s. don't actually address the Kraken by name when it seems to be letting you go.  p.p.s. Abe is mas macho!

In considering how we would flee the sinking ship, avoid the Kraken and get back aboard the Chaser, visual queues and/or interpretive dancing is important for role play.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Abejunio and You're Welcome

OBX 2024

Archmage Halstead: Blasts, Pasts, and Castes