Revelations from behind a moustache (Abe)

So the Wizlards we recently "invited ourselves" into Keledek's tower, which is to say that Ellie did her bampf magic up to a window and we all did some solid street music nearby.  Lleyash is getting pretty good with his big stick and Adamas humored us by playing his oddly carved armor with some spoons.

Que no importa un pepino pq some Kraken Priest also knows the bampf trick and lights up Adamas like the Solstice before I steal the very helm from his head.  Instead of letting us save him, Adamas inexplicably asks Lleyash to end his life and grab on....


Mystic temples, small gnome girls from small hamlets, turf wars with the Gods of Fury themselves.  I have seen many things and walked many roads, but this was something altogether odd.  No tener ni pies ni cabeza.  An amulet for the champion of The Storm Lord or Bitch Queen or some other force equally repugnant gets picked up by a waif barely old enough to be out on her own.  To what end?  At what cost?  The few revelations she's offered explain some of the mysteries of our short travels together - the disappearing body when he first fell in the swamp, the small figure that escaped when he died on the Ghost.  It's clear there is a mountain that she herself doesn't know.  But still, the many questions we have struggled with and asked have been hers to share.  The small betrayal I'd feel from the paladin turns only to disappointment in the girl I'd feel as a father.  She has much to learn of the world and more even to learn in the bond we make when fighting back to back.  I'll do what I can to teach her, but mostly I worry.

I'm reminded of my tales and powerful wizards who made clones so they could nearly die and cheat fate by coming back into the new body fully restored.  It seems a wonderful gift, to be free of the mortal fear the rest of us face as we fight against the final blow we know must be coming.  Still, in all of those tales, they end in tragedy.  Whether necromancy or this odd artifice from Lilly's temple, the soul knows it does not belong.  Madness follows.  Always.

I would save her from this if I could.   

The mask is off now (in what seems to be a sea full of them) so Mystra willing it will not be too late for her too.

Much to ponder and bigger revelations, new friends, and heroic tales to sing about.  But now I must return to my watch above.  We have sighted the Emperor of the Waves....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from Abejunio and You're Welcome

OBX 2024

Archmage Halstead: Blasts, Pasts, and Castes